If you want to loosen up, this is the class for you. We will develop eye-catching abstract paintings using watercolor and gouache. You will learn how to create great depth and interest by layering both transparent and semi-opaque paint.
– Fluid watercolor pad 16 x 16 (available on Amazon)
– Assorted brushes (I prefer ½ – 1” flat brushes to round)
– A few assorted watercolors you like to use.
My favorites are: Paynes Gray, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Quinacridone Violet, Andrews Turquoise or Teal, Sap Green, Green Gold, Quinacridone Gold, Permanent Red, Alizarin Crimson, Orange, Burnt Umber, Lemon Yellow, and Cadmium Yellow Deep THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION IF YOU WANT TO USE THE COLORS I DO. I don’t care if you use other colors or only have 3 or 4 to start with.
– rags for blotting (old tee shirts make good rags)
– fine point black Pilot marker pen
– Titanium white and Mars black (for making our own gouache)
– paper or plastic plates or butchers tray to mix paint
– Oil pastels
– Wax paper for creating textures