It’s a fun hands-on day! Various techniques for creating note cards and other small wonders will be demonstrated.
This is a suggested list. You may use any materials you have.
• Watercolors of your choice (Colored Pencils & Markers can also be used)
• Brushes: No. 1 Rigger, 4, 6, 8, Round (These are the brushes I use, small flats will do as well)
• Palette, butcher’s tray or plate for mixing colors.
• Corrugated cardboard or masonite or form core or plexiglass (A surface for taping down cards or paper) Should be about 12×16
• Drafting Tape ( doesn’t take the surface of paper off when removed like masking tape) Available at Staples.
• Water container
• Paper Towels
• Squirt Bottle
• Photos or clippings of subjects you’d like to paint
• Strathmore WATERCOLOR CARDS with envelopes (Do not buy Strathmore Greeting Cards. These cards are different and do not allow the paint to move—too textured.)
• I will have some available for purchase. Sometimes these are hard to find.
• Or 140 # Watercolor paper cut 7×10. Folded this makes a card 5X7.
• Sea sponge (with fuzzy ends)
• Tracing paper, transfer paper, wax paper, Plastic Wrap
• Frisket or masking fluid—Pebeo Drawing Gum is good
• Old brush for masking and gluing
• white crayon
• Glue Spray
• Rubbing Alcohol