Artist books are created from a different perspective. It’s also a great way to make something ordinary into a unique and personal keepsake. These books contain more exposed and flexible bindings and the pages fan out in a unique way. Concertina with tabs, twist folding, and double folding are the main techniques we will learn. These techniques, and some others, will allow the students to have some knowledge of special
papers, glues, folding techniques, and a decorative cover.
– 8×10” bond paper, color and white approx. 25 pages
– 2 BFK Rives Printmaking Paper white or cream 19×26” (115gsm) Michaels
– OR 2 Strathmore® 400 Series Large Watercolor Sheet (Michaels) 22×30”
– Utility knife with blades (retractable)
– Metal Straight ruler
– 45 triangle ruler
– Bone folder
– Decorative papers, silk or very thin fabrics
– Scissors small and big, exacto knifes, replacement blades, pencil, ball-point pen, markers, eraser, etc.
-Paper glue (any type, but acid free is best)
The rest of the materials needed will be discussed in class